Mark Duval is an innovative leader in the fitness field. Named by the San Francisco Chronicle as one of the “Top Ten Trainers in the Bay Area,” Mark is a sought after wellness coach to individuals and companies.
For over two decades Mark has combined his knowledge of anatomy, physiology and movement with proven motivational strategies to help individuals lead happy and healthy lives. His Living Active programs go beyond traditional workouts to fill an unmet need in the fitness field. They focus on practical and long-term strategies for health and well-being.
I am privileged to help so many people be successful. From the beginning steps of helping my clients set their goals to watching them embrace an active lifestyle, I have the joy of seeing them realize their potential. It’s an honor to share in their journey.
Mark has successfully transformed the lives of thousands of people. He is a passionate leader whose expertise and personalized coaching have earned him the respect and admiration of clients and colleagues alike.
Education and Certification
- Personal Trainer Gold Certification: American Council on Exercise
- Fitness Instructor Certification: American Council on Exercise
- Group Exercise Leader Certification: Cal State Hayward
- SCW Sports Nutrition and Body Composition Certification
- AA Degree in Education: Shasta College
- Attended University of California, Davis
- Current CPR and AED Certification
- Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort, Tecate Mexico: Fitness Instruction
- Golden Door Spa, Escondido, CA: Assistant Supervisor and Instructor,
Spa-at-Sea, Cunard Cruise Lines
- The Bellevue Club, Oakland, CA: Developed and managed fitness program.
- Inside Out Exercise Facilities, Oakland and Orinda, CA: Owned and operated
three fitness facilities.
- Lululemon: Research and Development Team Consultant for athletic wear.
- Member: American College of Sports Medicine
- Member: IDEA, The Health & Fitness Source
- Member: American Council on Exercise
Named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Top Ten Personal Trainers,”
San Francisco Chronicle
“Achieve the Sleek New You,” Apartment and Office Management Magazine
“Walking: The ‘New’ Fitness Craze,” Apartment and Office Management Magazine